Getting tested for COVID-19 is as important as ever. New York City has many sites that offer his COVID-19 test for free, including NYC Health + Hospitals and mobile testing vehicles. Additionally, you can receive a free home test kit at one of our partner distribution sites.
All New Yorkers Must Get Tested
NYC Health + Hospitals offers testing in hospitals and mobile units and at-home kits in libraries, recreation centers, and pools in five boroughs. Come in person – no reservation required.
Results are available in 24-72 hours if you take the PCR test at any NYC Health + Hospitals location.
No cost to test
COVID-19 testing is available free of charge. You don’t need health insurance to get tested for COVID-19 at any NYC Health + Hospitals location.
The NYC Health + Hospitals test site will not ask you about your immigration status.
- Immunocompromised New Yorkers and people over the age of 65 can be tested at home. To make an appointment, please call (929) 298-9400. Open seven days a week from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- If you’re using a home test kit, check out the New York City Department of Health’s COVID-19: Testing page for tips, instructional videos, and information on how to get a free test. Then visit the New York City COVID-19 Testing and Treatment Resources page for important information on what to do based on your results, or try our COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Guidance Tool .
- You can also use our handy “Tips for running tests at home” guide
Other test options
- Text “COVID TEST” to 855-48 to find a free testing site near you
- Book a free rapid test on the NYC Health Department COVID Express site
- Call NYC Test & Treat Corps Hotline 212-COVID19 (212-268-4319), select your language, then press 1
- talk to your healthcare provider
- If you don’t have a provider, call NYC Health + Hospitals at 844-NYC-4NYC (844-692-4692) or 311 to find one.You can also visit ExpressCare[今すぐ医師に相談]You can also click or call the NYC Test & Treat Corps Hotline at 212-COVID19 (212-268-4319) to schedule a virtual visit with a NYC Health + Hospitals provider. After choosing your language, press 2.
while waiting for results
If you are tested at a NYC Health + Hospitals location, you will typically receive your test results within 24-72 hours. Other sites may take longer to get results.
While waiting for results, it’s important to continue to take all necessary steps to protect yourself and others.
- Stay home if sick – Leave home only for essential medical care and testing or other essential errands.
- Keep physical distance – Stay at least 6 feet away from other people.
- Wear a mask – You can get infected even if you don’t have symptoms. Wear a tight-fitting mask to protect those around you.
- Keep your hands clean – Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Understanding COVID test results
English | Spanish | Shuchip | Nyan Nyan বাংলা | Francais |
If you test positive, you want to make sure you know what to do next. Quarantine period, notification to close contacts, etc. You can find this information in the What to do if you test positive section of our COVID-19 resources page. Alternatively, you can try our COVID-19 Quarantine and Quarantine Guidance Tool for personalized guidance. After answering a few simple questions, the tool will inform you of the isolation guidance to follow based on your specific situation, including whether you have symptoms.