Type of emergency: Complex emergency Reporting period: 1 August 2022 to 31 August 2022
• 191 people were injured, 32 of them dead, in the armed clashes that broke out in Tripoli. The MOH reported attacks on five of his medical facilities in Tripoli and damage to two of his ambulances in the escalation of violence. No fatalities or serious injuries were recorded and the damage was only material (minor damage to infrastructure). Five facilities and his two ambulances were attacked in clashes in Tripoli on August 26-27. Attacks on healthcare were reported and situation reports were distributed. A crisis management team was also established. An ad hoc meeting was also held by his OCHA to revitalize Tripoli’s intersectoral contingency plan.
• Tragically, 70 burns and 16 deaths were reported following the tragic fire in Bentovaya on August 1st. Libya’s health partners have deployed six emergency medical teams to support hospital medical teams dealing with the influx of patients, and have provided medical supplies support to hospitals accepting patients in Benghazi, Seba and Tripoli. provided immediate assistance to health officials in each country. The August 2022 issue has been published. 4W Health Sector, August 2022 | Humanitarian Response Health Sector Operational Response Report is based on his 4Ws data for July 2022. In July, 13 health partners, including AAH, HI, IMC, IOM, IRC, MSF, IMC, PUI, UNHCR and WHO, reported to his 4Ws. Microsoft Power BI • COVID-19 EPI Weekly Libya August 21, 2022 | Three weekly and monthly epidemiological bulletins released. HumanitarianResponse • Publish biweekly Health Sector Operations Update from 1-15 August 2022 | HumanitarianResponse • OCHA Liby l Humanitarian Bulletin (April-June 2022) [EN/AR] – Libya | ReliefWeb • Access Update: Libya: Humanitarian Access Snapshot (January-June 2022) – Libya | ReliefWeb • Libya — Migration Report 42 (May-June 2022) | DTM (iom. int)
• Libya — IDP and Returnee Report 41 (February-April 2022) | DTM (iom.int)
• Immigration Report Key Findings Round 42 (May-June 2022) | DTM (iom.int)
• Libya — Weekly Migrant and Host Community COVID-19 Vaccination Update – Phase 3 (28 August – 3 September 2022) | DTM (iom.int)
• Libya — Detention Center Profile Generator (August 2022) | DTM (iom.int)
• Libya — COVID-19 and vaccination in Libya: a follow-up assessment of migrant knowledge, attitudes and practices (August 2022) | DTM (iom.int)
• A meeting was held with PHCI on the TOR and working modalities of the PHC Working Group and the integration of the nutrition agenda under the Health Sector PHC WG.
• Produced bulletin on 27 August 2022 attack on healthcare in Tripoli • Continued collaboration with HIM/HQ in developing humanitarian intervention monitoring dashboard for Libya