Elections are essential to the functioning of our democracy. State and local elections ultimately affect the health of all Maines. As an organization of hundreds of healthcare professionals, Maine Providers Standing Up for Healthcare urges every Maine to endorse and vote for candidates who:
• Support the expansion of MaineCare to everyone who needs access to care.
• Support paid family and medical leave to strengthen families as they grow, get sick or have unplanned emergencies.
• Support individual autonomy to choose reproductive health options for themselves, including abortion and appropriate LGBTQ+ care.
• Respect and support an individual’s gender identity.
• Advocate for programs to effectively reduce harm from alcohol and substance use disorders.
• Work to close inequalities in health care access and health outcomes for indigenous, immigrant and communities of color.
We all have the right to access health care so that we can live safe, fulfilling and productive lives.
Elections have consequences. This is how we maintain our democracy. Vote like our lives depend on it – they do.
Maine Providers Standing Up for Healthcare is a nonpartisan, multidisciplinary advocacy group of more than 250 health professionals statewide, focused on improving health in our communities.
Letter to the Editor: ‘Forever Chemicals’ Act Recalls Maine Rep.’s Influence
Please check your email and complete your registration.
Please use the form below to reset your password. After you email your account, you will receive an email with a reset code.