Harvey Elliott has agreed a new long-term contract with Liverpool that will keep the forward at the club until the summer of 2027.
Elliott, 19, joined Liverpool from Fulham in July 2019 and only signed a new deal with the club a year ago.
However, having started three of Liverpool’s first four matches of last season, Elliott then sustained a fracture-dislocation of his ankle at Elland Road which sidelined him for five months.
Elliott did, however, regain full fitness in time to be involved in Liverpool’s quest to win a historic quadruple in the second half of last season.
Now the England U21 international has been rewarded with a five-year contract extension as he looks to break back into the Liverpool first team.
So far this season, Elliott has made two substitute appearances, but with a number of injuries affecting midfield, with Thiago Alcantara likely to be out for the next four weeks, he could find himself starting at home to Crystal Palace on Monday.
Klopp excited about Elliott’s potential
Analysis by Sky Sports News reporter Vinny O’Connor:
Elliott’s latest deal is a reflection of his continuing development at Anfield and is in line with Liverpool’s policy of rewarding players on the basis of individual progress and their overall contribution to the team.
Despite missing a large chunk of last season with a serious ankle injury, the youngster’s impact on the side at the beginning of the previous campaign was substantial, with the player already establishing himself as a key component of Jurgen Klopp’s team.
And having now returned to full fitness, the versatile 19-year-old, who can operate in both midfield and attack, is already back in Klopp’s first-team plans, with the manager known to be hugely excited about his potential going forward
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
Who will be on the move this summer when the transfer window closes at 11pm on September 1?
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and rumours in our dedicated Transfer Centre blog on Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with the ins, outs and analysis on Sky Sports News.
The new Premier League season with Sky Sports
- 128 exclusively live Premier League matches.
- First pick of matches for every weekend of the Premier League season.
- The best punditry team in football including Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Redknapp, Graeme Souness, Micah Richards and Roy Keane.
- Kelly Cates and David Jones will present our live coverage across Friday Night Football, Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday and Monday Night Football.
- In-game goals and clips for mobile devices from Sky Sports live matches.
- Extended highlights On Demand and our Premier League channel.
- Sky Sports is your ultimate destination for domestic football with live coverage of the Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership and the Women’s Super League.
- Find out more about Sky Sports